Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smoke....or not

Its a terrible habit, I know.....and one that I wish I could do without. With the recent rise in cigarette tax its now a true luxery, and one that I decided last week to do with out. So I finished the last one I had saturday morning and decide thats it.....no more...........THEN the stress of everyday life steps in and all the little annoyances we must drudge thru....ok, so I failed. I hang my head in shame at my lack of willpower. I will quit, not just now, maybe next week, or month.... hopefully I'll have a time when stress is not so much a part of life, and the need for that smoke can be replaced with the just the pure joy of breathing nothing but the fresh air. Until then........


On with the hunt for the next treasure to be.......



So here's my version of what to do with those old fan blades from those ceiling fans that are usually so cheap at yard sales......why not collage it!!! Actually looks a lot better in person, I'm terrible with the camera........I could upgrade to a better one but it really wouldn't make any difference....I would still take a lousy shot...oh well......Did this one a couple of months ago, I just took a lot of different things and started glueing, I was actually pretty pleased with how it turned out. Hangs in my hallway for now.

Hope you enjoy glass projects, I have a ton of it and need to use some of it up so I'll have an excuse to get more...... believe me, I'm not exaggerating this at all.....I'm sure I have more glass ware than Wallyworld does......and thats not even counting what we use in the kitchen!! So some other projects have been put on hold for a little while so that I can justify the need to buy that next plate,glass,bowl,lamp or other odd piece that I run across that I (in my own mind anyway)just cant live without. How many are there of us, we who have this need to buy, rescue and renew the forgotten dish, the tattered cloth, the rusted whatever...........




This is a angel totem I finished today, haven't decided yet if its going in my garden or if I'll leave it on a shelf in my house. hmmmm, maybe I'll do both, just swap it back and forth every so often,,,,,,yep! that sounds like a plan......






And here's a little candlestand I made today from odds and ends.




This is a begonia hanging on my front porch, not doing too good there so couple of weeks ago started to move it when I noticed a little brown wren had taken up residence there. Couldn't stand to mess her nest up so now I'm waiting for the little ones to hatch and take flight, hope my plant lives that long, lol. Oh well, all for a good cause anyway....





Have a good day everyone, hope you enjoyed your visit. Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

misselaineous said...

Morning Betty...my first visit here...found you on Vintagesue's blog. I'm also a junker and crafter...amazing how many of us are out there. I can also relate to your battle of the butts! I've quit 3 times in 4 years and am getting ready to try again. Have to say it's the hardest thing I've ever tried to do and failed over & over! Can't quit trying!! I'll be back. *elaine*