Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bumper Sticker

"What???? Time for the school bus already???""But I've only been up for an hour and 15 minutes!!! "




Mornings are so hectic at my house, who knew an 11 year old would need so much time to get ready...eating is first thing on the list,whether its scrambled eggs,graham crackers and milk,or a cake and juice or chocolate milk....then getting those clothes on,and ususally changing her mind a couple of times....brushing teeth and hair....deciding to rearrange her backpack at the last minute....hmmm,thinking the other purse will be better today so now doing a fast purse change...and who wants to wear that jacket today?? got to grab another one!!







Now understand the purse and backpack are fixed the night before...the clothes are chosen right down to the socks and shoes....but does that matter?? Nope, cause in the mornings things always seem different.







Now lets play the "ask the hundred questions before school" contest, and get mad if I don't know the right answer....and the "why are you rushing me?" game....and of course its my fault that school bus came before she decided she was ready... now where are those car keys so we can hopefully get to school before the tardy bell rings.







Of course we all know that is a part of parenting....we all have mornings like that. And with all the interesting things to do, school work just doesn't seem to be one of the highlights of a little girls life. So I made this bumper sticker for my car, printed it out on some adhesive paper, and it just seems to go perfect with those mornings I'm pulling in the school parking lot. Thanks for looking and have a great day.

5 comments:

cheryl said...

oh this really brought back memories,of when my 2 were at school just wish I had been into crafting then,maybe I would have had some of my hair left he he,great design and idea love cheryl xxxxxxx

Terry Lee said...

great idea, that bumper sticker! and sooo cute and clever! :-)

oh my, but don't i know about lil girls getting ready for school (or church, or going out, or wherever!!)! my 27 year old daughter still can't get ready in under two hours!!!

hope you're having a good week, betty.

lotsa hugs,
terry lee

Lucy - By the Hill said...

LOL! Love your bumber sticker! Memories came back for me as well.

I've got 3 girls and we lived in the country while they were growing up, and getting them out the door on time to get the bus was sometimes veeeery challenging!

They were pretty good though, didn't have to drive them very often. Wow, that was a long time ago! Have fun, they grow up too fast!

vintagesue said...

that is funny. i need to make one for my child that says "i'd rather play mario than do that ole dang 4th grade math!!".
i'm glad i'm not the only one with crazy mornings. i always think i'm the only one and everyone else has it right!! kids are kids...guess it's true.
thanks for the laugh!! have a merry christmas
sue

SharDon Exclusives said...

I have been missing you and just wanted you to know you are thought about...Hope all is well,
Sharon